[Liste-CICMA] THIS THURSDAY: SÉMINAIRE NUMBER THEORY (15/03/2018, Chung Pang Mok)

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Mon Mar 12 09:41:04 EDT 2018

Dear all,

Please note that there is an Un-Québec Vermont Seminar this Thursday AT CONCORDIA  at 10:30 am.

Le jeudi 15 mars 2018 / Thursday, March 15, 2018

Chung Pang Mok (Purdue University)

TITRE / TITLE :
On certain special values of L-functions associated to elliptic curves and real quadratic fields.​

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, Library Building, 9th floor, room LB 921-4

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
We study certain normalized special values of L-functions associated to elliptic curves and real quadratic fields. Under certain hypothesis, we are able to show that these are squares of rational numbers. This result can be regarded as instances of the rank zero case of the Birch and Swinnerton-dyer conjecture modulo squares, and is related to a theorem of Bertolini-Darmon on rationality of Stark-Heegner points over genus fields of real quadratic fields.

Henri Darmon (Henri.darmon at mcgill.ca)
Adrian Iovita (adrian.iovita at concordia.ca)
Maksym Radziwill (maksym.radziwill at gmail.com)