[Liste-CICMA] SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (08/03/2018, V. Vatsal, A. Malik) NOTE: MORNING TALK MOVE TO THE AFTERNOON

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Wed Mar 7 10:54:37 EST 2018

Dear all,

Please note that because of a delay of her flying schedule, Amita Malik’s talk has been moved from the morning at McGill to Concordia, after Vinayak Vatsal’s talk.

Le jeudi 8 mars 2018 / Thursday, March 8, 2018

Vinayak Vatsal (University of British Columbia)

TITRE / TITLE :
Test vectors for some ramified representations.

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, Library Building, 9th floor, room LB 921-4

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
I'll give a detailed discussion of test vectors for supercuspidal representations of GL_2 and the linear form  corresponding to a character of an unramifed quadratic extension. I'll show how to give a quik proof of of
some complicated results due to File, Martin, and Pitale, and also give a complete solution of the problem for the case of depth zero supercuspidals using arguments from Deligne-Lusztig theory.

Le jeudi 8 mars 2018 / Thursday, March 8, 2018

HEURE / TIME :
16 h 30 - 18 h / 4:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

CONFERENCIER(S) / SPEAKER(S) :
Amita Malik (Rutgers University)

TITRE / TITLE :
Restricted partitions analysis

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, Library Building, 9th floor, room LB 921-4

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
The asymptotics for the partition function were studied by Hardy and Ramanujan in the early 1900. The first result pertaining the parity of this function was proved only in 1959. In this talk, we discuss these questions for certain types of restricted functions, and see how one can make use of the divisor function to obtain some non-trivial lower bounds for the parity in question. This will include some results from joint work with Berndt and Zaharescu.

Henri Darmon (Henri.darmon at mcgill.ca)
Adrian Iovita (adrian.iovita at concordia.ca)
Maksym Radziwill (maksym.radziwill at gmail.com)

http://www.dms.umontreal.ca/~qvnts/QVNTSinfo.html <http://www.dms.umontreal.ca/~qvnts/QVNTSinfo.html>