[Liste-CICMA] ****CANCELLED******SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (08/02/2018, Evangelia Gazaki)

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Thu Feb 8 09:12:34 EST 2018

Dear all,

Because of a storm, Prof. Gazaki won’t be able to make it to Montreal.

We had to cancelled her talk.

Le jeudi 8 février 2018 / Thursday, February 8, 2018

Evangelia Gazaki (University of Michigan)

TITRE / TITLE :
Zero cycles on products of elliptic curves over Ap-Adic field

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, Library Building, 9th floor, room LB 921-4

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
The theory of algebraic cycles relates to some of the most fascinating conjecturesin arithmetic geometry, like the Tate conjecture and the Bloch-Beilinson conjectures.In this talk I will focus on the case of zero cycles, namely on the group CH0(X) of zerocycles modulo rational equivalence on a smooth projective variety X over a field K. WhenX has a K-rational point, there is an Abel-Jacobi map,CH0(X)degree=0 −→ AX(K),to an abelian variety, AX. When the base field K is a number field, the Bloch-Beilinsonconjectures predict that the abelian group CH0(X) is finitely generated, while the kernel ofthe Abel-Jacobi map is expected to be torsion. When K is a finite extension of the p-adicfield Qp, it is a conjecture of Colliot-Th´el`ene that the kernel is the direct sum of a finitegroup and a divisible group.In this talk I will present some very recent work, joint with Isabel Leal. In this work,we prove the aforementioned conjecture of Colliot-Th´el`ene for a product of elliptic curvesover a p-adic field under some assumptions on the reduction type, extending previous workof Raskind and Spiess. Most importantly, we obtain significant new information on thecycle map to ´etale cohomology, allowing us to obtain some initial evidence towards globalquestions.

Henri Darmon (Henri.darmon at mcgill.ca)
Adrian Iovita (adrian.iovita at concordia.ca)
Maksym Radziwill (maksym.radziwill at gmail.com)