[Liste-CICMA] SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (26/10/2017, Ari Shnidman, Preston Wake)

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Mon Oct 23 11:08:15 EDT 2017

Le jeudi 26 octobre 2017 / Thursday, October 26, 2017

Ari Shnidman (Boston College)

TITRE / TITLE :
Intersections of Heegner-Drinfeld cycles

I'll present a formula relating the intersection of two Heegner-Drinfeld cycles in the moduli stack of shtukas to derivatives of toric period integrals.  This is a "higher-order" generalization of the Gross-Kohnen-Zagier formula, in the function field setting, and is inspired by recent work of Yun and W. Zhang.  Our formula gives strong evidence that all Heegner-Drinfeld cycles are colinear in cohomology.  This is joint work with Ben Howard.

Le jeudi 26 octobre 2017 / Thursday, October 26, 2017

Preston Wake (UCLA)

TITRE / TITLE :
The rank of Mazur's Eisenstein ideal

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, Library Building, 9th floor, room LB 921-4

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
In his landmark 1976 paper "Modular curves and the Eisenstein ideal", Mazur studied congruences modulo p between cusp forms and an Eisenstein series of weight 2 and prime level N. We use deformation theory of pseudorepresentations to study the corresponding Hecke algebra. We will discuss how this method can be used to refine Mazur's results, quantifying the number of Eisenstein congruences. Time permitting, we'll also discuss some partial results in the composite-level case. This is joint work with Carl Wang-Erickson.

Adrian Iovita (adrian.iovita at concordia.ca)
Maksym Radziwill (maksym.radziwill at gmail.com)

http://www.dms.umontreal.ca/~qvnts/QVNTSinfo.html <http://www.dms.umontreal.ca/~qvnts/QVNTSinfo.html>