[Liste-CICMA] SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (04/05/2017, Ellen Eischen, Jennifer Balakrishnan)

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Tue May 2 09:19:56 EDT 2017

Le jeudi 4 mai 2017 / Thursday, May 4, 2017

Ellen Eischen (Oregon)

TITRE / TITLE :
p-adic L-functions

One approach to studying the p-adic behavior of L-functions relies on understanding p-adic properties of certain modular forms, for example congruences satisfied by their Fourier coefficients. In this talk, I will give an overview of p-adic L-functions and an approach to constructing them, which relies on relating them to certain p-adic families of Eisenstein series. I will start with the earliest examples of p-adic L-functions (due to Serre, Leopoldt, and Kubota) and conclude by mentioning a recently completed construction of myself, Harris, Li, and Skinner.

Le jeudi 4 mai 2017 / Thursday, May 4, 2017

Jennifer Balakrishnan (Boston University)

TITRE / TITLE :
Iterated p-adic integrals and rational points on curves

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, Library Building, 9th floor, room LB 921-4

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
I will discuss some new relationships between iterated p-adic line integrals (Coleman integrals), motivated by the problem of explicitly finding rational points on curves. In particular, I will describe the link between p-adic heights and double integrals and give a few classes of hyperelliptic curves where "quadratic Chabauty" gives us a finite set of p-adic points containing all rational points.

Eyal Z. Goren (eyal.goren at mcgill.ca)
Chantal David (cdavid at mathstat.concordia.ca)

http://www.dms.umontreal.ca/~qvnts/QVNTSinfo.html <http://www.dms.umontreal.ca/~qvnts/QVNTSinfo.html>