[Liste-CICMA] SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (23/03/2017, Chris Wall, Haining Wang)

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Tue Mar 21 09:46:47 EDT 2017

Le jeudi 23 mars 2017 / Thursday, March 23, 2017

Chris Wall (UWO)

TITRE / TITLE :
Matching Polynomials of Covers of Graphs

Given a connected undirected graph G there is a notion of a cover H of G and degree of the cover.  If G is finite, there are finitely many covers of fixed degree d, and one can form interesting averages over the family of such covers. For example, the average matching polynomial M_H(T) is something we call a d-matchings polynomial M_{d,G}(T).  The same polynomial arises when one averages the `new part' of the characteristic polynomial of the adjacency matrix A(H) for covers of degree *d+1*.  We will elaborate on these points and discuss interesting number-theoretic properties possessed by M_{d,G}(T).  If time permits, we will mention some open problems and also indicate other averages one might consider.

Le jeudi 23 mars 2017 / Thursday, March 23, 2017

Haining Wang (CICMA)

TITRE / TITLE :
On the Kolyvagin's conjecture for Heegner cycles

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, Library Building, 9th floor, room LB 921-4

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
In this talk we report a work in progress on generalizing a result of Wei Zhang on Kolyvagin' conjecture for elliptic curves to modular forms of higher weight. We will focus on the rank one case which provides a converse theorem to a result of Nekovar.

Eyal Z. Goren (eyal.goren at mcgill.ca)
Chantal David (cdavid at mathstat.concordia.ca)

http://www.dms.umontreal.ca/~qvnts/QVNTSinfo.html <http://www.dms.umontreal.ca/~qvnts/QVNTSinfo.html>