[Liste-CICMA] SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (09/03/2017, Dave Hansen, Adrian Iovita)

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Tue Mar 7 09:58:20 EST 2017

Le jeudi 9 mars 2017 / Thursday, March 9, 2017

Dave Hansen (Columbia University)

TITRE / TITLE :
An aerial tour of the perfectoid landscape

I will give a leisurely introduction to perfectoid spaces and some related recent developments in "p-adic geometry". I'll try to explain roughly what a perfectoid space is, what sorts of things they're useful for, and how they came about. I'll also try to give some motivation for the (ongoing) evolution of p-adic geometry by making analogies with how the foundations of algebraic geometry evolved between the 1800s and the 1970s.

Le jeudi 9 mars 2017 / Thursday, March 9, 2017

Adrian Iovita (Concordia University)

TITRE / TITLE :
Nearly overconvergent modular forms and triple product p-adic L-functions attached to finite slope eigenfamilies of modular forms

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, Library Building, 9th floor, room LB 921-4

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
Together with Fabrizio Andreatta, we defined integral, nearly overconvergent families of modular forms and showed how the old definition of triple product p-adic L-functions for ordinary eigenfamilies, which works with q-expansions, can be done geometrically, with overconvergent, finite slope sections of certain sheaves.

Eyal Z. Goren (eyal.goren at mcgill.ca)
Chantal David (cdavid at mathstat.concordia.ca)

http://www.dms.umontreal.ca/~qvnts/QVNTSinfo.html <http://www.dms.umontreal.ca/~qvnts/QVNTSinfo.html>