[Liste-CICMA] SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (20/10/2016, Mattia Righetti, Alexandra Florea)

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Tue Oct 18 10:32:53 EDT 2016

Le jeudi 20 octobre 2016 / Thursday, October 20, 2016

Mattia Righetti (CICMA)

TITRE / TITLE :
Zeros of Dirichlet series without Euler product

We present an overview of old and new results on the existence and distribution of zeros of Dirichlet series without the Euler product property, in particular of linear combinations of L-functions and of additive twists of L-functions, in the half-plane of absolute convergence.

Le jeudi 20 octobre 2016 / Thursday, October 20, 2016

Alexandra Florea (Stanford)

TITRE / TITLE :
Lower Order Terms for Moments and Densities Computations

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia Bookstore, Library Building, 9th floor

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
We discuss the existence of lower order terms in the asymptotic formulas for the mean value and the 1-level density of zeros in the family of quadratic Dirichlet L–functions over function fields. We first explain how to obtain a lower order term of size roughly the cube root of the main term for the first moment of this family of L–functions. Then we focus on the 1–level density of zeros and talk about how one can compute a secondary term (not predicted by the Ratios Conjecture) of a similar size to the lower order term in the moment computation, when the Fourier transform of the test function is sufficiently restricted. The second result is in joint work with Hung Bui.

Eyal Z. Goren (eyal.goren at mcgill.ca)
Chantal David (cdavid at mathstat.concordia.ca)