[Liste-CICMA] Analytic Number Theory Seminar

Steve Lester sjlester at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 08:17:26 EST 2016

Dear All,

This Thursday Peter Zenz from CRM  will be speaking in the Analytic Number
Theory Seminar from 2:00-3:30 in André Aisenstadt (UdeM) room 5448 . Please
find the title/abstract below.

Title: Quantum Unique Ergodicity and the Ramanujan Conjecture

Abstract: We will review the (effective) proof of Quantum Unique Ergodicity
in the case of holomorphic Hecke eigencuspforms due to Holowinsky and
Soundarajan. During this process we will highlight the dependency on the
Ramanujan conjecture, which is the only obstruction to extend their proof
to the Maass form case, where the conjecture is not known. Finally, we will
give ideas how to relax the reliance on this conjecture, working towards an
unconditional effective result in the Maass form case. This is work in
progress.

Kind regards,
Steve Lester