[Liste-CICMA] Seminar tomorrow

Farzad Aryan aryan at CRM.Umontreal.ca
Wed Jul 6 17:10:30 EDT 2016

Dear all,

Tomorrow at 11:00 am in room 5448 André Aisenstadt, Florent Jouve from
Orsay will give a talk.

Title: Sieve for Frobenius and applications

Abstract: In this talk we will discuss the setting and some applications
of a modern version of the large sieve. We will see that the flexible
framework it provides makes it possible to apply sieving techniques to
much more general contexts that the classical case where subsets of the
integers are studied. As an application we will see how to study generic
algebraic properties of L-functions coming from geometry.

See you there,
Farzad