[Liste-CICMA] SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (11/02/2016, Daniel Le, Michael Harris) CORRECTION

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Tue Feb 9 14:19:56 EST 2016

THERE IS A CORRECTION ON THE SCHEDULE OF HARRIS’ TALK, PLEASE REVIEW...

Le jeudi 11 février 2016 / Thursday, February 11, 2016

Daniel Le (University of Toronto)

TITRE / TITLE :
Potentially crystalline deformation rings and the cohomology of U(3) arithmetic manifolds

We describe a method to calculate some potentially crystalline deformation rings for three dimensional Galois representations. We then discuss applications to the weight part of Serre's conjecture, mod p multiplicity one, and lattices in the cohomology of U(3) arithmetic
manifolds.

Le jeudi 11 février 2016 / Thursday, February 11, 2016

Michael Harris (Columbia University)

TITRE / TITLE :
Modularity and potential modularity theorems in the function field setting.

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, Library Building, 9th floor, Salle/Room 921-04

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
Let G be a reductive group over a global field of positive characteristic. In a major breakthrough, Vincent Lafforgue has recently shown how to assign a Langlands parameter to a cuspidal automorphic representation of G.
The parameter is a homomorphism of the global Galois group into the Langlands L-group $^LG$ of G. I will report on my joint work in progress with Böckle, Khare, and Thorne on the Taylor-Wiles-Kisin method in the setting of Lafforgue's correspondence.  New (representation-theoretic and Galois-theoretic) issues arise when we seek to extend the earlier work of Böckle and Khare on the case of GL(n) to general reductive groups.  I describe hypotheses on the Langlands parameter that allow us to apply modularity arguments unconditionally, and I will state a potential modularity theorem for a general split adjoint group.

AFTER THE SEMINAR THERE WILL BE A BOOK SIGNING FROM 4 PM TO 5-5:30 PM

Henri Darmon (darmon at math.mcgill.ca <mailto:darmon at math.mcgill.ca>)
Andrew Granville (andrew at dms.umontreal.ca <mailto:andrew at dms.umontreal.ca>)
Dimitris Koukoulopoulos (koukoulo at dms.umontreal.ca <mailto:koukoulo at dms.umontreal.ca>)
Guillermo Martinez-Zalce
Responsable des laboratoires
Centre de recherches mathématiques
Université de Montréal
Case postale 6128, Succursale centre-ville
Montréal (Québec)
H3C 3J7
tel: (514) 343-7574
      (514) 398-3826 (mercredis)