[Liste-CICMA] UN-QVNTS SEMINAR (04/02/2016, Fabrizio Andreatta)

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Tue Feb 2 11:11:43 EST 2016

UN-QVNTS SEMINAR

Le jeudi 4 février 2016 / Thursday, February 4, 2016

Fabrizio Andreatta (Dipartamento di Matematica "Federigo Enriques")

TITRE / TITLE :
On the Bruinier-Kudla-Yang conjecture

LIEU / PLACE :
McGill University, Burnside Hall salle BH 910

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
I will report on recent, joint work with Eyal Goren, Ben Howard and Keerthi Madapusi Pera on a conjecture of Bruinier-Kudla-Yang. This relates
the arithmetic intersection multiplicities of special Heegner divisors and big CM points on Shimura varieties of orthogonal type  to the central  derivatives of certain incoherent Eisenstein series. It is a vast generalization of celebrated work of Gross and Zagier. After introducing the main objects appearing in the statement of the conjecture I will try to describe some aspects of the miracle that, in the vision of Kudla's program, ties the gemetric information (interesection theory) with the automorphic one (Eisenstein series).

Andrew Granville (andrew at dms.umontreal.ca)
Dimitris Koukoulopoulos (koukoulo at dms.umontreal.ca)