[Liste-CICMA] SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (12/02/2015, Freixas-Montplet-Fresan) and special lecture on friday

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Wed Feb 11 09:24:50 EST 2015

Le jeudi 12 février 2015 / Thursday, February 12, 2015

Gérard Freixas-Montplet

TITRE / TITLE :
The Riemann-Roch formula in Arakelov geometry: explicit versions, variants and applications.

LIEU / PLACE :
McGill University, Burnside Hall  salle BH920

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
he first goal of the talk will be to introduce some basic notions in Arakelov geometry and arrive to formulate the Riemann-Roch version for arithmetic surfaces. I will discuss some explicit versions of this, for plane curves (joint work with Dennis Eriksson), with potential applications to classic formulas of Kronecker and Igusa on discriminants and Siegel modular forms. I will briefly discuss some implications of the Riemann-Roch formula for CM elliptic curves, such as the Chowla-Selberg formula or the construction of units in abelian extensions of CM fields (this has been considered by Maillot-Roëssler). I will use this to motivate some projects with several colleagues (H. Chapdelaine, J. Fresán and A. Lei) on the p-adic side of these problems, for instance a p-adic Colmez conjecture on heights of CM abelian varieties and its possible relation with Gross-Stark conjectures.

Le jeudi 12 février 2015 / Thursday, February 12, 2015

Javier Fresan

TITRE / TITLE :
Epsilon factors of connections and a conjecture of Gross-Deligne

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, Library Building, 9th floor

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
Motivated by the analogy between flat vector bundles and l-adic sheaves, Saito and Terasoma proved a product formula for periods of connections endowed with a rational structure. I will explain how to use their result to establish new cases of a conjecture of Gross-Deligne relating periods of Hodge structures with complex multiplication to special values of the gamma function.

Andrew Granville (andrew at dms.umontreal.ca)
Dimitris Koukoulopoulos (koukoulo at dms.umontreal.ca)

SPECIAL LECTURE: SHANWEN WANG

DATE: Ven., 13 février, 10:30 – 12:00