[Liste-CICMA] Workshop on "Arithmetic of Euler Systems"

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at math.mcgill.ca
Mon Feb 2 09:56:08 EST 2015

Dear all,

I'm writing to you on behalf of the organizing committee of an
instructional workshop on "Euler systems", to be held in Benasque,
Spain, on August 22rd-30th 2015. The main aim of the workshop is to give
an introduction to the recent developments in the area, in particular
the work of Bertolini--Darmon--Rotger, Lei--Loeffler--Zerbes and
Kings--Loeffler--Zerbes on Euler systems for Rankin convolutions, at a
level accessible to graduate students and other younger researchers. We
plan to have a course of 10-12 lectures giving an account of the above
works, together with a selection of more advanced talks on related areas
of current research. For further details see
http://benasque.org/2015numbers/.

We encourage students and postdocs to volunteer to give talks themselves
in the introductory lecture series; we will allocate topics for these
lectures closer to the time.

If you are interested in attending, please fill in the application form
on the web page above. Places are limited, so we encourage you to apply
soon (the deadline is April 1st), specifying whether you would be
willing to give a talk in the introductory course. Transportation will
be provided from Barcelona, and we also have some funds available for
local expenses (which will be allocated preferentially to those giving
talks). If you have funding of your own that can be used for local
expenses, please let us know, as this will allow us to allocate funding
to those more in need of it.

Please feel free to circulate this email to students or colleagues that
you think might be interested in attending.

Yours,

The organizing committee
Xavier Guitart and Marc Masdeu

--