[Liste-CICMA] THE SHAPE SEMINAR: PERFECTOID SPACES

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Wed Sep 3 12:58:08 EDT 2014

==========
THE SHAPE SEMINAR: PERFECTOID SPACES

Hello everyone,

This term we will be running a seminar on Scholze’s theory of perfectoid spaces and some of its applications. Our main goal is to cover a considerable portion of Scholze’s IHES paper and some of the applications to construction of Galois representations. Everyone is welcome, but should expect to be asked to contribute in way of giving a lecture or moderating a discussion.

We shall meet once a week, on Mondays from 15:00 - 17:00 at McGill. Information concerning the room will follow. The program will be explained in more detail during the first meeting, but except for the usual presentations done in seminars, we will also be watching occasionally video presentations from the MSRI and IAS archives followed by discussion led by a moderator.

We hope to see you already this Monday (September 8).

Information (including room) will be posted shortly on the seminar website
http://www.math.mcgill.ca/kassaei/SHAPE.html

— Henri, Adrian, Payman, Eyal.
Guillermo Martinez-Zalce
Responsable des laboratoires
Centre de recherches mathématiques
Université de Montréal
Case postale 6128, Succursale centre-ville
Montréal (Québec)
H3C 3J7
tel: (514) 343-7574
      (514) 398-3826 (mercredis)