[Liste-CICMA] SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (22/05/2014, Iku Nakamura, Vinayak Vatsal)

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Tue May 20 16:38:53 EDT 2014

Le jeudi 22 mai 2014 / Thursday, May 22, 2014

Iku Nakamura (Hokaido University)

TITRE / TITLE :
Hesse cubics and GIT stability

LIEU / PLACE :
McGill University, Burnside Hall 920

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
In this talk, we explain how we compactify the moduli of abelian varieties. In order to explain the issues involved, we discuss the case of planar cubic curves (Hesse cubics) in detail. We also explain a general principle of compactification due to GIT that the complete moduli is the space of closed orbits. Then we apply it to our situation.

Le jeudi 22 mai 2014 / Thursday, May 22, 2014

Vinayak Vatsal (UBC)

TITRE / TITLE :
2013-CICMA/

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, 9th floor of the Library Building

Andrew Granville (andrew at dms.umontreal.ca)
Dimitris Koukoulopoulos (koukoulo at CRM.UMontreal.CA)