[Liste-CICMA] SÉMINAIRE QUÉBEC-VERMONT NUMBER THEORY (01/05/2014, Eric Urban, Nahid Walji)

Guillermo Martinez-Zalce martinez at crm.umontreal.ca
Tue Apr 29 09:51:36 EDT 2014

Le jeudi 1 mai 2014 / Thursday, May 1, 2014

Eric Urban (Columbia University)

TITRE / TITLE :
On the rank of Selmer groups for rational elliptic curves

LIEU / PLACE :
McGill University, Burnside Hall 920

Le jeudi 1 mai 2014 / Thursday, May 1, 2014

Nahid Walji (EPFL, Lausanne)

TITRE / TITLE :
On the occurrence of Hecke eigenvalues

LIEU / PLACE :
Concordia University, 9th floor of the Library Building

RESUME / ABSTRACT :
Given a unitary cuspidal automorphic representation for GL(n) over a number field, we obtain conditional upper bounds on the number of its Hecke eigenvalues that have absolute value equal to a fixed number c. For GL(2) we establish that these bounds are unconditional, which, in the case c=0, answers a question of Serre. These bounds are then improved upon by restricting to non-monomial representations.

Andrew Granville (andrew at dms.umontreal.ca)
Dimitris Koukoulopoulos (koukoulo at CRM.UMontreal.CA)