[Liste-CICMA] Eric Urrban.

Henri Darmon, Prof. henri.darmon at mcgill.ca
Mon Apr 28 23:51:02 EDT 2014

Dear CICMA friends, students  and colleagues,

As you know, Eric Urban will be visiting Montreal this week on Thursday and Friday, and giving lectures in the QVNTS and in the colloquium at UQAM on Thursday. Even though (in fact, because) classes are over and people are starting to travel more, we really do expect all those who are in  a situation to do so,  to   attend the QVNTS lectures *as well as*  the colloquium. This is particularly important as the colloquium comes at a somewhat awkward time, in which  a number of us of us (Payman, Eyal, Miljan, Daniel, and me) will be traveling to Barbados and unable to  attend. So if you are in Montreal we really would like you to show up  and ensure a decent turnout (and I am sure you will be amply rewarded, since the speaker is a fantastic mathematician whose work on the main conjecture of Iwasawa theory for elliptic curves is one of the major breakthroughs in the subject in the past decade).

If you cannot make it, let me know why, and otherwise I look forward to seeing you on Thursday.

all my best,

-- henri