CIRGET is an inter-university research centre composed of mathematicians working in differential geometry, topology, geometric group theory and mathematical physics. Based at UQAM, it is one of the CRM's (Centre de recherches mathématiques) eight laboratories.
CIRGET organizes three weekly seminars and several workshops every year.
The research interests of CIRGET's members include:
- geometric group theory
- low-dimensional topology and geometry;
- differential geometry;
- symplectic geometry and topology;
- geometric methods in partial differential equations;
- partial differential equations on manifolds;
- gauge theory
- mathematical physics (in particular integrable systems and quantum groups);
- algebraic geometry
- algebraic topology.
Official CIRGET Website